Public Health Specialist with focus on UHC and Health financing
The Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH) is a world-leading institute in global health with a particular focus on low- and middle-income countries. Associated with the University of Basel, Swiss TPH combines research, services, and education and training at the local, national and international level. About 850 people from more than 80 nations work at Swiss TPH focusing on infectious and non-communicable dis-eases, environment, society and health as well as health systems and interventions.
The Department Swiss Centre for International Health (SCIH) of Swiss TPH provides policy advice, project design and management in the area of national and global health with the aim to strengthen health systems and improve health service delivery.
The Health Systems Support Unit is currently looking for a Public health specialist (80-100%) with expertise in health financing or health economics.
We aim at identifying a mid-level candidate with a strong interest and proven experience on health systems, especially health economics and financing in low and middle income countries (LMIC).
Within our health financing portfolio, we emphasize Universal Health Coverage, health insurance, financial access to health, health information systems and digital tools including openIMIS. Our work is integrated in a multidisciplinary team with the aim to strengthen health systems in international settings. We aim at identifying a candidate with a strong interest and proven experience on health information systems and public health, especially in low and middle income countries (LMICs).
- Developing our expertise in health systems strengthening, health economics and health financing
- Carrying out activities in the following areas: support to health insurance structures in LMIC / conducting economic analysis studies / working on health financing and Universal Health Coverage (UHC) concepts / including use of ICT with special focus on low and middle income countries (LMIC)
- Working in the area of health systems strengthening including implementation research, assisting in sur-veys, monitoring and evaluation and capacity building
- Strengthening our policy advice capacities in health systems strengthening including Universal Health Coverage (UHC), health financing and improvement of financial access to health services
- Identifying, attracting and collaborating in competitive bids for projects in the above mentioned areas
- Contributing to creating visibility of our activities e.g. through contributions to IEC materials, website presence etc.
- Master degree in health economics, public health and/or a similar degree with relevant knowledge on health economics, health financing (ideally health insurance), monitoring and evaluation
- At least 5 years of experience in health systems strengthening especially health financing related to de-veloping countries or similar relevant experience
- Sound knowledge in the application of economic methodology and / or health financing and UHC con-cepts, preferably working in health insurance contexts before
- Experience in the development of projects, in building up communication on and within projects and in conducting trainings with partner structures of projects are an asset
- Excellent command of French and English, any other language is a further asset
- Ability to adapt quickly and manage clients independently with strong aptitude towards learning new ICT systems and contributing to their further development
- Willingness and availability to frequently travel to LMIC countries
Furthermore we expect a high level of commitment and flexibility, good communication skills, strong spirit of team work, capacity to take initiative and ability to work independently with professionals in multi-cultural con-texts.
We offer you
Swiss TPH an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.
Please submit your application online via the link provided below:
If you are interested, please submit your application with:
- Motivational letter
- Reference letters and diploma
- Salary expectations
- Names and contact information (email or phone) of 2 references
Please note that we can only accept applications via our online recruiting tool: https://recruitingapp-2698.umantis.com/Jobs/All . Applications via e-mail or external recruiter/agencies will not be considered.
The deadline for applications is 15 March 2019.
Start Date: as soon as possible
Location: Basel, Switzerland
Duration: 2 year contract to start with
Travel Required? Regular travel after onboarding, e.g. to Cameroon and Chad amongst others
Contact: For more information please visit our website: https://www.swisstph.ch/en/about/scih/sysu/
Arbetsgivarens övriga annonser
Professor i statsvetenskap med inriktning mot politik och offentlig förvaltning
Umeå Universitet Umeå
Lektorer med inriktning mot förskolepedagogiskt arbete
Södertörns högskola Stockholm
Studentische Hilfsassistenz für den Bereich Mac Client Services, OS und Betrieb
University of Basel Basel
Førsteamanuensis i folkehelsevitenskap
Norges miljø- og biovitenskapelige universitet (NMBU)
Bioinformatician/Data Steward Metagenomics (0.8 FTE)
Utrecht University Holland