The Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH) is a world-leading institute in global health with a particular focus on low- and middle-income countries. Associated with the University of Basel, Swiss TPH combines research, services, and education and training at the local, national and interna-tional level. About 850 people from more than 80 nations work at Swiss TPH focusing on infectious and non-communicable diseases, environment, society and health as well as health systems and interventions.
The Department of Epidemiology and Public Health (EPH), within the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute, develops and applies epidemiological, statistical and mathematical methods to ad-vance innovation, validation, and application in the field of public health.
Our Health Systems Research Group is well-recognized in the application of systems thinking ap-proaches to health systems. We have generated a number of key global guidance documents that are shaping the way policy makers, managers, researchers and development practitioners look at health systems in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs) and we are determined to continue do-ing so.
As research assistant you will be supporting the team to apply systems thinking tools to evaluate health system interventions in the area of cardiovascular diseases in LMICs. You will collaborate with the rest of the team to identify key research questions and to answer them with a systems lens. As part of this project, you will co-lead the development of scientific manuscripts suitable for peer review publication. You will also be involved in a number of projects some of them related to health information systems and civil registration a vital statistics systems and you will be instrumental for the collaboration with our national and international partners.
Your responsibilities include:
- Support the design and implementation of health systems research projects
- Coordinate daily activities (data collection and follow-up)
- Manage data and prepare analytical plan(s) and statistical analyses
- Co-lead report writing and publications associated with the health systems research stream in the group
- Support the development of new research proposals
- Represent our common interests in appropriate international fora and conferences
You should have the following experiences and skills in:
- Degree or equivalent in public health (Master's or higher)
- Experience working in health systems research, having experience in LMICs is compulsory
- Strong written communication skills (demonstrated track record including a minimum of one published peer-reviewed article)
- Experience working with quantitative and qualitative methods, especially conducting mixed-methods studies
- Be familiar with commonly used computer programs, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience working with STATA and/or other statistical software
- High level in spoken and written English, French will be an asset
- Ability to effectively work both as a team member and independently
We offer you
This is a unique opportunity to join a multicultural, dedicated team, working in a stimulating academic environment in public health and health systems. The key function of this post will be to set up pro-vide inputs to a number of health system research projects. Specifically one of the main focuses will be an analysis of a multisector program to improve cardiovascular health in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs).
Please submit your application online via the link provided below:
- Motivational letter
- Reference letters and diploma
- Salary expectations
- Names and contact information (email or phone) of 3 references
Please note that we can only accept applications via our online recruiting tool: https://recruitingapp-2698.umantis.com/Jobs/All . Applications via e-mail or external recruiter will not be considered.
Start Date : as soon as possible
Location : Basel, Switzerland
Duration : 1 year
Percentage : 70-100%
Travel Required? Willingness to travel internationally (mainly to LMICs)
Please contact Sonja Bühler (HR Recruiting Specialist) by phone (061 284 87 78) for any further questions.
Arbetsgivarens övriga annonser
Professor i statsvetenskap med inriktning mot politik och offentlig förvaltning
Umeå Universitet Umeå
Lektorer med inriktning mot förskolepedagogiskt arbete
Södertörns högskola Stockholm
Studentische Hilfsassistenz für den Bereich Mac Client Services, OS und Betrieb
University of Basel Basel
Førsteamanuensis i folkehelsevitenskap
Norges miljø- og biovitenskapelige universitet (NMBU)
Bioinformatician/Data Steward Metagenomics (0.8 FTE)
Utrecht University Holland