Two Ph.D. positions in Blockchain / Cryptoassets / Smart Contracts
The Credit Suisse Asset Management Schweiz-Professsorship for Distributed Ledger Technology/Fintech, within the Center for Innovative Finance (CIF) of the University of Basel, Faculty of Business and Economics, invites applications for two PhD positions, each with a 60% appointment. The research group is dedicated to researching practical issues in the fields of Blockchain, Cryptoassets and Smart Contracts. We investigate the potential that these new technologies have and assess the extent to which they will affect financial markets, industry, and society.
- Enrollment in the departmental PhD program (https://wwz.unibas.ch/en/phd/ )
- Part-time employment as a teaching and research assistant (fixed-term contract)
- Individual research and collaboration in departmental research projects
- Assistance and participating in teaching
- Performing administrative tasks for the research group
- Master's degree in Economics, Computer Science or related fields
- Academic and/or practical experience in the blockchain- space
- Strong academic record (GPA of 5.0 or better is required for students from Swiss Universities, or equivalent for students from abroad)
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English are required
- German and/or French is a plus
- Willingness to work in a team
- Programming skills are a plus
We offer you
With the Center for Innovative Finance and the Chair for Distributed Ledger Technologies/Fintech, the University of Basel makes a decisive contribution to the research and application of future-oriented technologies. We offer the opportunity to conduct high-quality research in a dynamic, innovative scientific and international working environment, supported by the research group leader and staff.
Application / Contac t
For further information, please contact Prof. Dr. Fabian Schär, Professor for Distributed Ledger Technology/Fintech and Managing Director of CIF at the faculty of Business and Economics.
We look forward to receiving your complete online application. Your application should include:
- A cover letter including your research interests and your blockchain related projects
- Your CV including references
- Your diplomas with a transcript of grades from the master degree
- A sample of academic writing (e.g., master thesis, term paper, research paper)
- Optional: Link to github account
Please note that applications via e-mail or mail will not be considered.
The application is open until December 31, 2018, or until the positions are filled.