Rural Skills Instructor
RURAL SKILL INSTRUCTOR (PART TIME / fIXED TERM)
22,476 - 23,829 per annum pro rata Ref:
SRUC is unique in Scotland and one of the largest organisations of its kind in Europe. Our ambitious and exciting vision is to work at local, national and international levels, leading innovation and sustainable development in agriculture and rural sectors.
A new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Rural Skills Instructor to join the team based at our Elmwood Camus in Fife to work with the Programme/Team Leader in delivering instruction in Rural skills and working with students to develop practical skills.
General Teaching Responsibilities:
Delivery and Assessment
- Provide instruction to develop practical skills whilst reinforcing supporting knowledge.
- Prepare, set up, demonstrate and use specialist equipment with students and staff.
- Prepare practical materials or workshops in advance of practical activity.
- Supervise and support students during training and assessment activity.
- Create an environment that is conducive to learning.
- Recognise and promote soft skills, core skills and employability.
- Demonstrate practical skills
- Provide group tuition related to practical skills, as required.
- Interact with students to check knowledge and understanding.
- Provide constructive feedback to students on their performance.
- Undertake the assessment of practical skills.
- Use assessment feedback to promote learning, affirm achievement and inform future goals.
- Observe and assess vocational competency in college
- Provide feedback to lecturers on learner performance in practical activities.
- Liaise with lecturing staff in preparation for and during teaching sessions as timetabled
- Record results of assessments.
- Contribute to internal moderation and verification.
- Participate in programme and course review.
- Maintain registers of students' attendance and records of students' achievements.
- Participate in course committees.
- Maintain all College gamekeeping equipment and facilities in safe and effective working order
- Ensure health and safety standards are maintained including participation in risk assessments activities.
- Liaise with Ruralskills/Landbased Lecturer and Programme/Team Leader regarding maintenance of college resources as appropriate
- Promote positive behaviour amongst students.
- Adhere to inclusion strategies to overcome real or perceived barriers to learning.
- Keep up to date with curriculum
To be considered for this role you should possess a relevant industrial qualification of at least SCQF level 5 - ideally one or more of the following: Assessor qualification (L&D 9), Internal verifier qualifications (L&D 11), Land-based qualification/s (Lantra).
You should have appropriate, proven experience in a land-based industry (forestry, horticulture, conservation, agriculture). You should ideally have experience of assessment in practical and written curriculum items and/or experience of instructing in land-based subjects in a formal college or training provider setting including practical knowledge of land based machinery. A driving licence is essential for this role.
Further details on the responsibilities and requirements for this role can be found in the Job Particulars document which you must read and is downloadable when you click the APPLY button.
This contract is for 20 hours per week on a fixed term basis to 25 June 2021.
Closing date: 1 November 2020
SRUC: Leading the way in Agricultural and Rural Research, Education and Consultancy
SRUC is committed to valuing Diversity, advancing Equality and respecting Human Rights throughout the organisation and encouraging applications from disabled people using the "Disability Confident Employer" symbol. SRUC is a member of the Athena SWAN charter.
SRUC. A Charitable company limited by guarantee, SC003712. Registered in Scotland No SC103046
Professor i pedagogik med inriktning mot idrott
Umeå Universitet Umeå
GRANTS FOR POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH IN THE UNITED STATES
Universitetslektor i pedagogiskt arbete, tillsvidare 100%
Karlstads universitet Karlstad
Intranet Produkt-Manager / SoftwareentwicklerIn mit Schwerpunkt Web Development
University of Basel Basel
Scientific researcher Biological Pest Control
Wageningen University Holland