Research Assistant / Hilfsassistent/in
The professorship of Quantitative Economic History (Cliometrics), under direction of Prof. Dr. Robert Stelter in the Faculty of Business and Economics of the University of Basel, invites applications for a research assistant (Hilfsassistent/in) position with a 20% appointment.
Start date: October 15, 2020 (or by agreement).
The chair is currently in the process of launching new research projects. For these projects, we are looking for the support of a motivated student like you in the following tasks:
- Sifting and editing of historical data
- Assistance in statistical investigations and programming
- Visualizing of findings
- Literature search
The assistantship will require:
- Passion for historical questions; in particular regarding populations
- Competent handling of word processing software, e.g. Microsoft Office or Latex
- Interest in programming, possibly initial experience with Stata, R or Fortran
- A focused, persistent and accurate way of working
- Language skills, e.g. Latin or French, are welcome
We offer the opportunity to conduct high-quality research in a dynamic, innovative scientific working environment. Conditions of employment and salary are governed by the personnel and salary regulations of the University of Basel.
Application / Contact
Are you interested? Then we look forward to your complete online application.
Your application should include a cover letter, CV, copies of university diplomas and transcripts of academic records.
To obtain more information, please contact Prof. Dr. Stelter: https://wwz.unibas.ch/de/personen/robert-stelter/
Closing Date: We will continuously consider incoming applications, until the position is filled. Apply
Arbetsgivarens övriga annonser
Up to five tenure-track positions as Assistant professor
Umeå University Umeå
Doktorander i specialpedagogik
Stockholms universitet Stockholm
Professor i pedagogik med inriktning mot idrott
Umeå Universitet Umeå
GRANTS FOR POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH IN THE UNITED STATES
Ingeniør/avdelingsingeniør innen dyrepleie
Norges miljø- og biovitenskapelige universitet (NMBU) Oslo