1 position for a four-year appointment as a Programmer (Digital Humanities Lab)
Institute of Cultural Anthropology and European Ethnology, University of Basel
Digital Humanities Lab, University of Basel
Institute of Design Research, Bern University of the Arts
The Sinergia-project "Participatory Knowledge Practices in Analogue and Digital Image Archives" , approved by the Swiss National Science Foundation SNSF, examines the transformation of analogue into digital archives from the perspective of technology, communication, and the anthropology of knowledge. The goal is the analysis and
systematic description of historical and contemporary archiving practices: the generation, processing, archiving, and dissemination of knowledge. The complex interplay of participants, epistemological orders, and visualizations of
knowledge in such practices are studied in connection with three collections from the the Swiss Society for Folklore Studies (Schweizerische Gesellschaft für Volkskunde SGV). The aim is to design an interface that enables users to
annotate, contextualize, organize, and link both images and their metainformation.
Within the framework of this project, various positions are to be filled from 1st February 2021.
1 position for a four-year appointment as a Programmer, 70% (Digital Humanities Lab, University of Basel)
In the proposed project, he or she will be responsible for the web front-end development of the interactive userinterface (such as React, Angular, or Vue) and the connection of the database logic to the rich-media repository. This includes functional implementation of a visual image order and aids to commentary and annotation; implementation of the function for collaborative work; visualization of semantic networks; implementation of control mechanisms (access) and documented applications (use) for the various roles and functions of users, such as participatory-active and searching-passive.
- Organization of workshops and conferences
- Active participation in workshops/research seminars/conferences
- Some administrative responsibilities
- Excellent knowledge of research methods in the corresponding field
- Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Flexibility and the capacity to learn quickly and to work both independently and in collaboration with others
- Project-oriented organizational skills
- Communication and teaching skills
- Genuine interest in interdisciplinary research environment
- German as research language, excellent knowledge of English
Specific requirements are,
- outstanding and highly motivated candidate with an excellent Master degree in Computer Science
- Angular and material frameworks
- experience with visualization of image data and 3D (WebGL and frameworks)
We offer you
- Research-intensive scientific environment in an interdisciplinary team and network
- Workplace: Basel.
- Salary: in accordance with SNSF/Unibas regulations
- The position starts on February 1st, 2021 and is limited to a period of four years
Application / Contact
Interested applicants are invited to a CV including list of publications and all relevant documents and a statement of research interests (2 – 3 pages). Application material should be sent before October 15th, 2020.
Interviews with shortlisted applicants will be held on November 9th and 16th, 2020.
For further information please contact Peter Fornaro firstname.lastname@example.org . Apply
Arbetsgivarens övriga annonser
Up to five tenure-track positions as Assistant professor
Umeå University Umeå
Doktorander i specialpedagogik
Stockholms universitet Stockholm
Professor i pedagogik med inriktning mot idrott
Umeå Universitet Umeå
GRANTS FOR POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH IN THE UNITED STATES
Universitetslektor i pedagogiskt arbete, tillsvidare 100%
Karlstads universitet Karlstad