Laboratory Technician in Molecular Biology
The research group of Visceral Surgery and Precision Medicine, under the guidance of Dr. Salvatore Piscuoglio, is based at the Department of Biomedicine, located at the University of Basel and at the University Hospital, Basel, Switzerland. The laboratory focuses on identifying and characterizing prognostic and/ or predictive biomarkers and understanding the importance genetic alterations and their interactions that contribute to the development of cancer through the use of multi-omics technologies and in vitro/ in vivo approaches. Our group is seeking a highly motivated Laboratory Technician in Molecular Biology (50%) to join our team of bioinformaticians, molecular biologists, pathologists and surgery fellows.
The candidate will have the opportunity to develop, apply and optimize cutting-edge molecular methods, in particular those for the generation of patient-derived organoids and patient-derived xenograft models, to test novel therapeutic approaches using drug screening and to identify novel predictive and prognostic biomarkers in cancer.
Main responsibilities include
- Processing of patient derived samples according to pre-established guidelines (e.g. tissue dissociation, isolation of PBMC, sample freezing and storage, nucleic acids and protein extraction, and organoids generation), cell culture and lab maintenance.
- Support of PhD students and postdocs in their research activities
- General support functions and maintenance of the lab
- Willingness to work with in vivo models.
You have a "Laborant/in" degree or a Bachelor/Master degree in Biology or related topics. We expect good technical expertise in molecular/ cell biology techniques (at least 1-2 years of experience)
- Hands-on experience handling patient samples processing.
- Once trained, applicant must be able to work independently
- LTK1 certificate or equivalent is a plus
- Organized and detail-orientated, able to maintain accurate documentation of experiments and samples information.
- Collaborative, able to work effectively in a team.
- Ability to multi-task
- Fluent in English and knowledge of German is desirable.
We offer you
This position offers an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated individual to contribute to advance personalize medicine in cancer. We offer the opportunity to expand your portfolio with skills in 3D culture and organoid generation.
Earliest starting date is September 1st, 2020. The initial contract will be for one year with the possibility for extension.
Application / Contact
Please send your application including a letter of motivation, CV, certifications, and recommendation letters, in one PDF file to Dr. Mairene Coto firstname.lastname@example.org and Dr. Salvatore Piscuoglio email@example.com
Arbetsgivarens övriga annonser
Tenure Track position as Assistant Professor in Machine Learning
Umeå University Umeå
Konsult inom läkemedelsindustrin
Poolia Life Science Stockholm
Cryo-electron microscopy scientist
Universiteit Leiden Holland
Professor in » Plant Cell Biology «
Technische Universität München (TUM) München
PhD Position: Atomic-scale Charge and Magnetic Order in Novel 2D Materials
Radboud University Holland