Freelance Chartered Insurance Institute Tutor
Closing date: 29/05/2019
Employment type: Temporary
Department: School of Business and Technology
Nationwide (online) with potentially some travel to London and other national travel if required
The BPP School of Business & Technology is recruiting for freelancer tutors specialising in Insurance to teach across our apprenticeship programmes which support learners in working towards their Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) professional qualification.
We are looking for highly motivated tutors with significant Insurance practitioner experience to bring high quality teaching and module leadership into the School.
The role of the tutor is to ensure that students within the School receive a premium experience. This is achieved via delivery of the highest quality tuition, materials and student support.
Tutors will undertake a variety of duties including, but not restricted to, module leadership (authoring), managing student cohorts, teaching (mostly online but with some potential for face to face delivery too). Faculty may also be required to support business development/student recruitment activity (for example attending pitches or open evenings).
- Provide and be accountable for high quality course design and module leadership through using relevant professional syllabus material to create high quality, engaging teaching resources and formative assessment practice questions.
- Ensure high quality and consistent teaching through the provision of detailed teaching guidance and academic support for the teaching team.
- Providing ongoing personal tuition support to a cohort of students in line with University policy.
- Managing a cohort of students to ensure the smooth running and academic integrity of the relevant programme.
- Providing academic support for commercial and business development activities within the School. Ad hoc provision of client liaison and support as required.
- Teaching on the relevant programmes is mainly online but also face to face modes.
- Supporting the Faculty and Corporate vision of a “University with a national and international reputation for excellence, innovation and regional engagement”.
- Any other duties appropriate to the grade and nature of the post.
The School also have tutor opportunities in the areas related to insurance across other apprenticeship programmes (particularly those related to risk and compliance), which a tutor in this role could get involved in. It provides scope to provide academic support to a wider variety of learners from differing contexts if they wish to take the opportunity.
Please refer to the full job description
Please note the successful candidate will be required to undergo a DBS check
Arbetsgivarens övriga annonser
Universitetslektor i arbetsterapi
Umeå Universitet Umeå
Postdoctoral researcher in Mitochondrial Biology
Karolinska Institutet Stockholm
Atmospheric Researcher at Asiaq Greenland Survey
Asiaq - Greenland Survey Grønland
Universitetsadjunkt i Interaktionsdesign
Universitetslektor i ekonomisk historia
Stockholms universitet Stockholm