Post-Doctoral Researcher (Control & Signal Processing over Sensor Networks)
Vacancy ID: 002441
We are seeking a highly motivated post-doctoral researcher with an outstanding record of research in the general area of networked control systems and detection and estimation over sensor networks. The successful applicant will have a PhD before the start of employment and will conduct research under the supervision of Prof Subhrakanti Dey at the Hamilton Institute. The subject area of research is broadly within the area of control and signal processing over sensor networks, and will include design and analysis of detection, estimation and networked control algorithms, in particular, with a view to enhancing security and energy-efficiency of wireless sensor and actuator networks deployed in smart industrial automation, intelligent transportation systems, and advanced healthcare systems. The post will run for 24 months.
The successful candidate will, in collaboration with Prof Subhrakanti Dey, contribute towards high quality journal publications in internationally reputed journals, will participate in supervision of potential PhD students working in related areas, present relevant research results in national and international conferences and meetings, as well as engage in seeking new industrial collaborations in Ireland and abroad, whenever possible. The candidate will also take part in related administrative duties whenever applicable
The ideal candidate will have:
- A PhD in electrical engineering, applied mathematics or equivalent discipline;
- Expertise in detection, estimation and control theory, wireless sensor networks, information theoretic fundamentals, as well as proficiency in applied mathematical topics such as optimization theory, game theory, and stochastic processes;
- Experience in delivering research projects to a high standard;
- Proficiency in one or more scientific programming languages, especially MATLAB, C++;
- Experience with the use of scientific data formats;
- Experience of working with a research team in a related area of investigation;
- A history of outstanding research publications commensurate with career stage;
- Excellent oral and technical writing skills;
- Experience of working with stakeholders and end users in tailoring research outputs.