Postdoc Arsenic-Iron Interactions Towards Removal from Groundwater for Drinking
The Department of Water Management is actively looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Postdoc in the field of “groundwater treatment” with good knowledge on environmental engineering, with specific interest in (microbial) geochemistry to work on an interdisciplinary research project for 2 years, starting in 2021.
The key job responsibilities of the successful candidate include:
- Research: Delivering high quality, internationally leading research on arsenic removal from groundwater, as part of a broader research project on utilizing natural groundwater iron for the removal of arsenic. The project overarches the fields of environmental engineering, geochemistry and biotechnology, requires of the candidate and open attitude towards these different research disciplines. (Co-)supervising PhD and MSc students and bringing them to a successful completion and disseminating research outcomes effectively via internationally leading journals and conferences.
- Education: Contributing to the teaching of the MSc course “Water Treatment Research” in our MSc track Environmental Engineering.
- Organization: Contributing to organizational / administrative activities and committees within the Department of Water Management and the Faculty of Civil Engineering and Geosciences
The successful candidate:
- holds a PhD or equivalent degree in engineering or science;
- has proven ability to deliver high quality research as evidenced in the publications record;
- possess a good understanding of the higher education environment including diversity and inclusion values;
- has the capacity to communicate effectively with peers, students and stakeholders.
Please see https://www.tudelft.nl/en/about-tu-delft/working-at-tu-delft/ for further information about working at TU Delft
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Fixed-term contract: 2 Years.
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities. The TU Delft offers a customisable compensation package, a discount on health insurance and sport memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution. Flexible work schedules can be arranged.
For international applicants we offer the Coming to Delft Service and Partner Career Advice to assist you with your relocation. An International Children's Centre offers childcare and there is an international primary school.
Delft University of Technology
Delft University of Technology is built on strong foundations. As creators of the world-famous Dutch waterworks and pioneers in biotech, TU Delft is a top international university combining science, engineering and design. It delivers world class results in education, research and innovation to address challenges in the areas of energy, climate, mobility, health and digital society. For generations, our engineers have proven to be entrepreneurial problem-solvers, both in business and in a social context. At TU Delft we embrace diversity and aim to be as inclusive as possible (see our Code of Conduct). Together, we imagine, invent and create solutions using technology to have a positive impact on a global scale.
Challenge. Change. Impact!
Faculty Civil Engineering and Geosciences
The Faculty of Civil Engineering & Geosciences (CEG) is committed to outstanding international research and education in the field of civil engineering, applied earth sciences, traffic and transport, water technology, and delta technology. Our research feeds into our educational programmes and covers societal challenges such as climate change, energy transition, resource depletion, urbanisation and the availability of clean water, conducted in close cooperation with a wide range of research institutions. CEG is convinced that Open Science helps to achieve our goals and supports its scientists in integrating Open Science in their research practice. The Faculty of CEG comprises 28 research groups in the following seven departments: Materials Mechanics Management & Design, Engineering Structures, Geoscience and Engineering, Geoscience and Remote Sensing, Transport & Planning, Hydraulic Engineering and Water Management.
Click here to go to the website of the Faculty of Civil Engineering & Geosciences.
The Department of Water Management
The Department of Water Management focuses on wide range of issues across the full water cycle. The objectives of the research are to understand water availability and water use, as well as water quality, treatment and transport, and to translate this knowledge into practical technologies and methods. In 2018, an external research assessment committee rated the department of Water Management as ‘excellent’ on all three topics reviewed: quality of research, viability and societal relevance. The department currently has 30 FTE academics (tenured) and over 100 PhD students and postdocs. The current portfolio of Dutch, EU, industrial and other research projects is worth 28 million €. The research of Sanitary Engineering section (where the successful candidate will be located) addresses a wide range of topics across the urban water cycle including water extraction, storage, purification and distribution; wastewater and storm water collection, transport, treatment and discharge; resource recovery from water; industrial water; urban water management and drainage. Further information can be found at the website of Water Management TU Delft.
For information about this vacancy, you can contact Doris van Halem, e-mail D.vanHalem@tudelft.nl, tel. +31 15 27 85838
Arbetsgivarens övriga annonser
Postdoktor i idé- och lärdomshistoria med inriktning på projektet ”Early Citizen Science”
Uppsala universitet Uppsala
Postdoktor i specialpedagogik
Stockholms universitet Stockholm
Universitätsdozentur für Historisch-vergleichende Sprachwissenschaft
University of Basel Basel
Assistant in English Linguistics 60%
University of Basel Basel
Biozentrum PhD Fellowships - Summer Call 2021
University of Basel Basel